As we approach Rosh Hashanah, we know that everything is in the hands of G-d, including life and death, but there is no question that President Trump has been an instrument of the Almighty in delivering genuine and consistent support—recognition, annexation, aid, sanctioning our enemies, fighting BDS, anti-Semitism, and biased resolutions, and the advancement of peace—to Israel and for the Jewish people.
- U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem: Since 1995, the Jerusalem Embassy Act required that by 1999, the U.S. move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem. Indeed, many presidents promised to do this, but only President Trump stood up and delivered on this promise and recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
- Recognizing Israel’s Golan Heights: After being harassed for decades by Syria’s military and having its settlements bombarded by Syria, Israel won the Golan Heights in the 1967 War of self-defense. This is critical, because the Golan Heights provides strategic high ground defensive positions and observation of Syrian military positions. Israel annexed the Golan in 1981, but only President Trump came forward as a leader to formally recognize Israel’s annexation. Now Trump Heights in the Golan honors the President for his support.
- Sanctioning Iran and their pursuit of WMD: The 2015 Iran nuclear deal that paved an eventual path for Iran and the fanatical mullahs to having weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and released billions of dollars to Iran, which was disastrous for Israel and Western civilization. President Trump put the brakes on this fiasco and reimposed stringent sanctions back on the repressive Iranian region, the #1 state sponsor of global terror, which seeks a modern caliphate across the Middle East and confrontation with the Western world.
- No Spending Cuts in Aid to Israel: Despite U.S. spending cuts in foreign aid, President Trump safeguarded the $3.3 billion in vital security assistance and $500 million in cooperative missile defense funding to our ally, Israel, who looks out for our joint security interests in the Middle East and our shared values at home. At the same time, he cut aid to the Palestinians, who give regular stipends to the families of suicide bombers and murder innocent Israeli citizens. Additionally, the President closed the offices of the terrorist organization, the PLO, in Washington, D.C.
- Fighting BDS and Anti-Semitism: While the anti-Semites seek to fight Israel everywhere, from the battlefield to social media and economically via boycotts, divestments, and sanctions (BDS) movement, President Trump had the courage to stand up to their hatred and by Executive Order allowed the Federal government to withhold funds from colleges, universities, and other educational institutions that support anti-Semitism, including by BDS. Further, President Trump has supported Israel’s “absolute right to self-defense” whether from missile attack, terror tunnels, economic terror or any source.
- Withdrawing from the biased UNHRC: For years, the morally corrupt United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) has embarked on a war of resolutions against Israel, the boldest democracy in the Middle East where people are free, elections are held, all religious holy sites are respected and protected, woman serve in the military, and gay and lesbians are treated equally. Unfortunately, while true human rights abusers continue unrestrained around the globe, the UNHRC has condemned Israel more times than all other nations of the world combined. However, President Trump stood up for Israel and the Jewish people and pulled the U.S. out of the blatantly anti-Semitic UNHRC.
- Peace with United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and more: President Trump worked endlessly towards a Middle East “Peace Deal of the Century.” Unfortunately, the Palestinians wouldn’t come to the table, and rejected an investment of $50 billion in their economy. This is after almost a hundred years of peace rejections by the Palestinians to generous offers over the years from the 1947 Partition Plan to Camp David with President Carter. Nevertheless, President Trump has delivered peace deals with two prominent Arab Gulf States of the UAE and Bahrain. Moreover, there is talk of yet more Arab countries coming onboard the peace wagon with Israel, and what can be greater than the gift of peace!
What the New Year and the upcoming election brings, no one knows, but Hashem. However, let us recognize the good and thank President Trump for everything that he has done for Israel and the Jewish people, and let us pray that G-d brings us continued blessings for the upcoming Jewish year of 5781 and beyond towards our final redemption.