In the Orwellian world of the UN, once again untruth becomes “truth,” and real truth is ignored. The UN outdid itself yesterday by failing to mention that Islam, which was founded in 622 CE, owes its roots to Judeo-Christianity. The Islamic tradition of Jerusalem being the third holiest city owes its origin to the fact that it was already holy to Jews and Christians centuries before the advent of Islam. In fact the first Arabic name for Jerusalem was “Bayt Makds” derived from the Hebrew “Beit Mikdash” (Temple) acknowledging the presence of the two Jewish Temples which stood for almost a millennia. There is plenty of hard scientific archeological evidence to support this. However, as strange as it sounds, truth falls by the wayside in order to fuel the world’s obsession with the Middle East. One might think that this obsession is linked to one of the following reasons:
- Well over two hundred thousand killed in the civil war in Syria, which is now lethally spilling over to neighbouring Lebanon.
- Iraq embroiled in deadly fratricidal warfare with thousands killed annually.
- The Sinai Peninsula, Syria, Southern Lebanon and Gaza strip being used as bases for radical Islamic terror groups.
- The Mullahs of Iran racing to the atomic weapons finish line.
And you would be wrong! Internecine Muslim-killing-Muslim-in-the-name-of-the-same-loving-God violence is not the reason for the world’s obsession. The root cause for instability in the Middle East, based on analysis of obsessive media coverage, apparently is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict! Now here again you might think that the reasons for this obsession might be linked to:
- The radical brainwashing of the (EU funded) PA school system that promotes a culture of violence, glorifies suicide bombers as martyrs, delegitimises, through gross historical revisionism, the mere existence of a “Zionist entity” on “Palestinian land,” and from the age of kindergarten upwards poisons young minds AGAINST peaceful coexistence.
- The unaccountable vanishing of hundreds of millions of US and EU tax-payer’s dollars and euros, earmarked for the rebuilding the PA administered territories into private bank accounts and arms purchases, whilst the majority of the population languishes in abject poverty.
- The apparently unbridgeable divide between the PA and the Shiite inspired Hamas who only agree on one thing, there should be no Israel.
- The intransigence of the PA peace negotiation team who insist on the release of evil and warped murderers (and role-models for their society) as a prerequisite to even talk about “peace.”
- The failure of the PA to educate their population (in Arabic) and publically recognise the legitimate right of the Jewish people to live (in peace) in their ancestral homeland.
The actual root cause of all the turmoil in the Middle East and biggest threat to world peace, believe it or not, seems to be Jews building houses!
This is despite the fact that after every war for survival Israel has fought since 1948 she has reached out her hand for peace. Finally Egypt, after trying defeat Israel three times on the field of battle, realised that the only way to get what it wanted was through peaceful negotiations. In 1979, the Camp David Accords set a precedent of “land for peace” by giving Egypt the entire Sinai Peninsula, and dismantling all of the Israeli settlements, Israeli-developed oil fields, and military bases, in return for Egypt recognising the Jewish State and making peace. In 1993, Jordan followed the Egyptian precedent. Israel has been trying to make peace with the PLO since the 1993 Oslo Accords. In 2005 Israel unilateraly withdrew from the Gaza Strip every single Jew and dismantled all of the settlements.
The Arab world must realise that they will never achieve a peaceful resolution of the conflict through war and terror and passing absurd untruthful resolutions at the UN, but only through genuine peaceful negotiation!