Is your child taking a standardized test like the SAT, ACT, GRE, MCAT, or GMAT? Follow These 5 Tips to Become a Better Test Taker
1. Inahle-Exhale. Practice your breathing during mock exams. Don’t let any single question throw you off. It is better to skip and move on then become frustrated and freeze.
2. Rehearse your routine. If your exam is in the morning, make sure you wake up at the same time for 5 days prior to your exam.
3. No cramming. Studying for an important exam like the SAT or ACT is a gradual process. Try to devote 30 minutes per day to preparation rather than saving everything for the last minute.
4. Forget the stakes. Luckily, all students can retake standardized. Many colleges and universities superscore as well. Don’t tell yourself that this is your only chance to excel on the exam. Remember, you can always retake.
5. FOCUS. Do not let anything distract you the day of the exam. Do not sit near anyone who you know. If someone near you is coughing or sneezing, request to be moved immediately. Keep your eyes on your exam. Don’t let your eyes or mind wander. Remove all distracting thoughts and PERFORM!
Tutoring Solutions Group in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey offers test preparation for standardized tests