Surely, I assumed it was a hoax. But watch the clip. It’s not.
This serious prediction is based on the idea that people vote mostly with their wallets. This seems a time-tested finding which seems valid around the world. (Except in Israel where foreign policy always takes the lead because it’s of little use getting more money if you’re all killed off.)
In short, enough people are doing financially fine and so will vote Trump.
That would mean that all Democratic talking points about Trump being a liar, a thief, a con artist, an amateur, a crook, a traitor, an abuser, a White nationalist, a warmonger, a dictator lover, etc. are all meaningless to win the election.
That would also mean that talking about how much he has profited the billionaires and betrayed the working class won’t cut it because enough people in crucial States are financially well and feel secure.
How to turn the tide?
- The Democratic candidate must speak at least as well as Donald Trump. If s/he loses the debate, s/he’ll lose the election. Details here and here.
- Trump’s opponent must stop addressing scandals. As a left-wing party, you don’t need to win over the left-wingers. You need to charm the rest.
- S/he must show how ‘Trump’s economic success’ is a house of cards that is already tumbling down and is going to cost the average American and the Nation as a whole for decades to come. You might seem fine for now. But just look out a little further who can give you real financial stability:
* Trump scandalously enlarged national debt — the cost will soon show.
* His trade wars will make us pay more and more.
* He uproots international diplomacy leading to costly wars and terrorism.
* He’s not factoring in automatization that will eat away your job.
* He’s ignoring that we must and will stop polluting ourselves to death. Because he didn’t prepare, all new green jobs will go to China leaving many of us jobless.
- If s/he knows how to make thin-skinned Trump lose his cool, that’s a bonus. NB: I don’t mean to annoy him so that he will counter-attack. I mean, to irritate him so well that he just pops, becomes a raving lunatic.
And be ready for Republicans’ plan B, that they remove Trump or Trump walks away. Then the competition is against Mr. Dull and Shrewd, the VP.