Now, when the borders are being reopened for travelers, we are lucky to have most of the pandemic fears behind us and can think about destinations to visit. And now Israelis, travel lovers can go to Uzbekistan. Much has been done in this country for safe tourism.
On March 30, Tashkent hosted the International Business Forum “Restart of Hospitality Industry 2020/21: Prospects and Possibilities”.
The event, organized by the Hoteliers Association of Uzbekistan with the support of the State Committee for Tourism Development, was attended by representatives of local and foreign hotels, diplomatic corps, foreign experts of the hotel business, marketers, IT companies, and other travel industry workers. The UNWTO Representative Alessandra Priante and Advisor to the Chairman of the State Committee for Tourism Development Sadik Badak joined the forum via videoconference.
New times require new security solutions. The threat of the spread of coronavirus continues to be relevant and negatively affects physical and emotional health. Now, before any trip, the traveler involuntarily thinks about precautions and sanitary standards.
How can we avoid the negative impact of the pandemic and still maintain the desire to travel? There is a way out! Namely, trust the professionals and special services responsible for the safety of each tourist. For these purposes The State Committee for Tourism Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan has developed a system of safe tourism “Uzbekistan. Safe travel GUARANTEED”, which complies with all sanitary requirements that meet international standards.
In fact, such a system implies strict compliance with sanitary and hygienic measures to combat COVID-19 in Uzbekistan. All tourist sites, related infrastructure, and public areas must obtain a special permit or certificate to continue operating. These items include accommodation facilities (hotels, guest houses, hostels, etc.), all state border points, air, railway, and automobile stations, objects of material cultural heritage, museums, theatres, and other cultural objects.
In addition, it is worth noting that the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for tourism development, together with the Ministry of healthcare, compiled a list of “safe sites”, which, in turn, was given to tour operators for drawing up tourist routes.
In addition, all staff of tourist facilities, tour operators, and related infrastructure have been trained to comply with sanitary and hygienic requirements. All tourist sites are strictly monitored by the authorities.
The corresponding decision of the Republican Special Commission established the following new procedure for entering the territory of Uzbekistan:
- the procedure for express testing for the antigen of coronavirus infection at the airport, at the train station, or at the border crossing point for all persons visiting the Republic of Uzbekistan by air, railway, and border checkpoints from March 15, 2021, has been canceled;
- providing a certificate of passing a PCR test for coronavirus infection with a negative result in the last 72 hours before registration of air or rail passengers arriving in the Republic of Uzbekistan by air and rail; Citizens entering the Republic of Uzbekistan through automobile border checkpoints must be checked 72 hours in advance for coronavirus infection by the PCR test method and, upon presenting a certificate with a negative result, and in the absence of a PCR test certificate, pass a rapid test for coronavirus infection antigen in special clinics or laboratories operating at border checkpoints;
In this case:
- The results of PCR tests for coronavirus infection must be in English or Russian, and before registering for a trip by rail, employees of the relevant airlines or railway companies in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan, at the relevant airport, railway, or under supervision. sanitary and epidemiological service at railway stations and checkpoints.
- In case of a positive result of an express test for the antigen of coronavirus infection in citizens and stateless persons of the Republic of Uzbekistan entering through automobile border checkpoints, citizens are sent to medical institutions located in the relevant territory.
- From March 25, 2021, certificates of PCR tests for coronavirus infection are accepted only from recognized laboratories from foreign citizens to the Republic of Uzbekistan when registering for air, rail, or road transport to enter the Republic of Uzbekistan. The coronavirus infection test is administered without a rapid test. This will form a list of laboratories (at least 10) recognized by the Sanitary and Epidemiological Service of Uzbekistan.
Now traveling in Uzbekistan is not just fascinating, but also safe.