As an artist in the field of landscape photography, I have regularly been sharing the stunning landscapes of Israel on my blog here over the years.
Since moving to reside in our capital, Jerusalem, I have found that my focus has shifted from documenting the breathtaking views of Jerusalem to capturing special moments that can only be seen in this majestic place.
The Holy City of Jerusalem is an incomparable hub for a mixture of religions, faiths, and people from all walks of life. While mainstream media often portrays only clashes and disputes, living in this mesmerizing city reveals a whole different reality.
In Jerusalem, almost everyone lives side by side in peace. Although extremists from each side make the headlines, in reality, the vast majority share a life of happiness and demonstrate healthy curiosity toward one another.
I have decided to gather some of my recent photos that captured extraordinary and heartwarming moments, aiming to shine a light on the beautiful and unique complexity of Jerusalem.
These 20+ photos are most likely going to change your perspective on the Holy City!
- A Jew and a Christian pray side by side at the Western Wall.
- A Muslim couple visiting the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Religious gay couple holding hands, a sight you won’t see anywhere else in the Middle East.
4. Female warriors of Magav (Israeli Border Police) keeping the peace and the smiles in the Old City.
- What coexistence in Jerusalem really looks like.
- A mysterious figure captured walking down the Via Dolorosa.
- An Ethiopian clergyman at the Monastery of the Sultan.
- The Little Western Wall, the only section of the Western Wall where men and women can pray together.
- Freedom of Religion: Muslim visitors at the Western Wall.
- Jews ascending the Temple Mount.
11. Jerusalem’s doors are open to all religions.
- Showing healthy curiosity, Jews and Christians in the Old City.
- Peacefully side by side, a Priest and a Rabbi.
- A joint prayer at the stunning underground Synagogue inside the Western Wall Tunnels.
- Activists for the Third Temple, in front of the Great Synagogue of Jerusalem.
- Magav (Israeli Border Police) soldiers securing the annual Jerusalem Pride Parade.
- A devoted Christian praying at the Western Wall.
- A group of Japanese Christian tourists celebrating their pilgrimage to Jerusalem, dancing with local Jewish residents.
- A soldier teaching a small child how to play the piano.
20. A Holocaust survivor celebrating his Bar-Mitzvah for the very first time at the Western Wall.
21. A woman’s prayer, overlooking a mass of worshipers by the Kotel.
- Jewish men demonstrating a hopeful and united front, wearing t-shirts that read “United Forever” and “Our Strength is in our Unity”.
- Side by side under the Israeli flag, real life in Jerusalem.
Which moment did you like the most? Let me know in the comments section!
Join my Instagram for a daily dose of pictures from the Holy City of Jerusalem.
To get yourself a piece of Israel in your home, visit my newly opened Art Shop on Etsy.
For feedback and inquiries, email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.