Could that be?
No way. Terrorists don’t just better their way, unless they are forced. I did not see any enforcement. Therefore, they changed their tactics but not their goals. Any other theory is as implausible as reports that the moon would now have decided to only shine by day.
Either, the PA has now joined Hamas’ ideal of destruction of Israel, or Hamas has now joined the PA’s pretense of peaceful cooperation with Israel in order to destroy it. Two bunches of murderers don’t voluntarily decide to work together to advance life and democracy from now on.
Israelis have been there and done that already, have hoped against our better judgment, berating ourselves that we should not be so fatalistic from the past and have an open heart for the future. We gave away half the country and counted thousands of dead and wounded as a result.
We have a cold peace with Arab Palestinians, Jordan and Egypt, where popular hatred for Jews goes on unabated. Their leaders and populations are not ready for peace, no matter what they pretend to believe. We were fooled manifold; we won’t be tricked again. Ever.
In light of the above, let’s have a brief look at the “leaked” agreement”.
In the name of God the Merciful, – How different from “We, the People”!
Among its goals are listed:
to establish a sovereign Palestinian state on all the Palestinian territories occupied in 1967 and to maintain a single democratic and pluralistic political system, with a peaceful transfer of power through elections.
The parties who signed this agreement are violating this every day for as long as they have control. So who cares that they say they ever will change this? Let them do so now!
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi’s hopes “to achieve an independent Palestinian state on the borders of June 4, 1967, with East Jerusalem as its capital and a return for Palestinian refugees.”
El-Sissi is a good guy, but present Arab Palestinian leaders wanting “the same” must mean by “on the borders of June 4, 1967”: West of them.
The borders of June 4, 1967 include the Sinai peninsula, but somehow I think that el-Sissi is not ready to have that be the Arab Palestinian State.
Deeds speak louder than words. Let’s see Arab Palestinian leaders:
1. Release the two Israeli civilians who are in Hamas captivity — Avera Mengistu and Hisham al-Sayed — as well as return the remains of fallen IDF soldiers Oron Shaul and Hadar Goldin.
2. Establish a single democratic and pluralistic political system, with a peaceful transfer of power through elections. Disarm militias, stop persecuting homosexual men and feminists, have freedom of the press, hold free elections (terrorists and hate mongers cannot be elected).
3. Educate against hatred for Jews.
4. Teach the sanctity of human life.
5. Propagate and help guarantee a safe and secure independent multicultural Israel as home state for the Jews.
6. Admit having been on the wrong side of history (like Germany) and declare to never be there again (like Germany).
Abbas demands that Hamas disarm itself and dismantle its armed brigades. Yet senior Hamas member Mousa Abu Marzook states that dismantling the terror group’s military was not up for negotiation. Egypt will host another Hamas-Fatah meeting a month from now.
For now, don’t hold your breath. Blue — ain’t looking that good on you.