Senior White House adviser and peace plan architect Jared Kushner gave an interview to Al Jazeera. His ideas have nothing to do with this universe.
1. He wants to bring prosperity and security to the Muslim Palestinians. The only insecurity they suffer is from the Palestinian military police and the lack of democracy in the areas they live in.
2. He wants to create a million jobs for Gaza and the West Bank. According to the (I think inflated) figures from there (really!), there are 5 million inhabitants there with an average of 5 children per family. The highest unemployment rate is in Gaza: 50%. That means 700,000 families with maximally 2 parents of whom 50% tops are without a job. That is 2 times 700,000 divided by 2 is maximally 700,000 unemployed — at most and probably far less. Most of the figures are inflated and not every mother of five or pensioner will be interested in working a job. What are 250,000 unemployed going to do with 1,000,000 job openings? Absurd.
3. He says that in the past, Arab countries have promised a lot of money but seldom followed through on their promises because there was no clear plan which led to much money going to waste. The real reason, of course, is that all these countries are dictatorships that don’t care about their own population, let alone about another people.
4. He says that striving for peace has never worked because it was not clear what a good future that would bring. Therefore, he’s doing it differently now. He’s first launching plans to show what a bright financial future is possible and then there will be motivation to realize that. However, doing things differently doesn’t guarantee success if you fail again to address the real problem: hatred against the Jews. People are willing to live in poverty (even blow themselves to pieces) for their “ideals.” Money will not erase such “idealism.” The regular person in the Arab Palestinian street might be interested in prosperity, but he’s not talking to them. He’s talking to the dictators. They don’t care.
5. He says that much money has been thrown at the problem but it has not trickled down to most people. He seems completely unaware that if you give the junta in Gaza and other dictators money, they are going to spend it on themselves, their Swiss bank accounts and weapons. When the people would revolt, they’ll say: but we need to fight the enemy who causes all our poverty. No plan can solve this unless you replace the dictators. But he’s talking to the dictators. Laughable if it weren’t so sad.
6. He says that he doesn’t understand the PA leadership not being interested in giving the people a better life. But then it comes: he hopes that they will soon realize that there is a lot of good in the plan and they will come around. He’d confuse a stubborn mule with a goodish lap dog.
7. He says that this is not Money for Peace as was Land for Peace. He doesn’t know even the simple meaning. Land for Peace meant: give the PA land and they’ll allow for peace. It also means: they’re not interested in peace. Money for Peace then means: give the PA money and they’ll allow for peace. But Kushner explains that the money and the peace form one plan. So he takes it as win-win: the Palestinian Muslim leaders are getting money and peace. He can’t understand their indifference.
8. Says (correctly) that hatred for Israel has been a unifying factor in the Arab world in the last 70 years which is used to run away from their own problems in running their states. (Though their hatred for Jews and anti-Zionism is obviously older than 70 years.) But then he jumps to: improving the running of the Arab lands will give peace. That’s a tad too fast. Elimination of regional Jew-hatred will give peace — only.
9. He says that both sides say that the other is not interested in peace at a “question” that Rabin was killed by an Israeli showing that Israel is not interested in peace. That’s unforgivable.
He fits the Trump team very well as yet another self-styled expert who has not the foggiest idea of what is going on. He talks like: none of the physicists have been able to get safe nuclear energy in your living room so now it’s our turn as laymen to try something totally different. Trash.
The main problem is not that Kushner is stupid or uninformed. We Jews went through a lot for thousands of years and still we simply cannot imagine such a lack of good will and such an abundance of hatred.
As I blogged before: the giant elephant in the room is that Israel gets nil.