● Competing politicians pretend they hate the other side of the aisle, but it’s just fake animosity. Politicians and journalists make money and gain status by constructing an artificial verbal warzone. It’s all a mirage.
● On top of that, along with the opposing demonstrations, opinion polls, and dozens of special interest groups (from the IDF to business leaders), it turns out the left and right are secretly negotiating a compromise already.
● Among the public, there is no heightened hatred between population groups. Strong feelings of being right and the other wrong. But not hate.
● Our army, secret services, and military and civil police are all united. Their only loyalty is to the State. No political stream can hijack some part of the security apparatus to gain power via an extra-parliamentarian route.
● It is not (the beginning of a) civil war when 20 hooligans from one extreme group fight with bullies of the police.
● The whole panic about a legal total revolution is baseless: 1. There is no majority for it. 2. The High Court will sable down any such laws before they take effect. 3. If some laws slip through the cracks, they will be reversed by the next government that will be 100% guaranteed center-left.
● The hype is meant to distract the People from noticing that our society continues to exploit us for the rich, as every Capitalist country does. (I wonder what’s the catch in the new salary deal for civil service workers. Are street cleaners included? Will Muslims get a Ramadan bonus instead of a Pesach bonus? Is it like the new bus fares: lower but fewer busses?)
● The present coalition is completely divided on a dozen issues and will soon fall. A spectacular peace treaty or war may keep it around for an extra month or so, but that is it. And all the anxiety will fizzle out.
Don’t let them make you crazy from worry. It will all work out very nicely. On condition that we continue to make our voices heard. Be an activist.
I want the left to give an award to Netanyahu for motivating so many to become activists, more than anyone has done before in Israel.