Historians of the prehistory explain that several times humans almost went into extinction. Actually, only homo sapience sapience survived – many of our cousin races actually went extinct. I mention this for those who assume that we don’t need to work for survival because humans are inherently invincible – not so.
Yet, burying one’s head in the sand, often comes from despair. So, we also need to say: Now we’ve come so far, why not try to make it? Actually, we are well on our way to reach or get close to physical immortality: ending infections, ending cancer, stopping and reversing aging will do a lot.
But it won’t help if we don’t end our greatest problem: killing ourselves (drugs, refusing to cry when we need to) and each other (anger, greed).
There are many ways we could go the way of the dodo:
1. Nuclear war. Recently, the nuclear arms race got new momentum. Some people would rather earn tons of money selling weapons that get us all killed than work for global peace. Hard to believe? You better wake up to reality or you can’t fight it. Promise your loved ones you will lock arms (pun not intended) with so many people on this that we will win this.
2. Pandemic. Some novel stupid virus that would kill so many that the survivors succumb too. Can’t happen? As long as some people eat any animal that moves, it really could happen. See my recent vlog.
3. Climate. Is our climate already so far out of whack that we will all die in giant floods, fires, droughts, famines, etc.? Let’s wait, see, and fight.
4. Pollution. We have polluted everything so much that it is questionable if we can still survive. Micro-particles of plastic are everywhere, including in our bodies. If you know how to pray, please ask that this will not kill us all.
5. Hunger. When enough people starve (or don’t have proper healthcare), society and international relationships would disintegrate and we’d all die.
6. Dictatorships. Widespread corruption and a lack of checks and balances rob responsible people of the ability to create paradise here for everyone.
7. War. Conventional wars and WW III are still possible when masses of people get incited and aroused to hate, attack, kill and get killed (for the financial benefit of the super-rich).
8. Worldview. There are atheists and monotheists who are convinced that apocalypse must precede redemption and therefore will not promote world peace but rather stand by or even promote total destruction.
9. Death. Individual death so far doesn’t end humanity but does kill all of us one by one continuously. Every single human being urgently needs to learn and apply how to deal with personal distress: here, here and here.
10. Combinations. Most of the above disasters combine very finely with most of the other catastrophes and even enhance them.
Mission Impossible? Your Mission, Should You Choose To Accept It Is To:
● Get information to know what to fight for and against.
● Practice being so brave that you don’t fold when you need to fight.
● Destroy your TV before your passivity helps destroy our survival.
● Cooperate with enough people to stop all destruction.
● Force all politicians to do what the population wants.
● Cooperate, don’t oppress, exploit, manipulate or dictate.
● You must set out to win, not just to protest.