Unfortunately, there are some signs that Israel must be very cautious about what wind will blow towards it from the US Government.
- Where is Jonathan Pollard? Still not free to go.
- Why can’t we see the Deal of the Century before the elections?
- The “moving” of the US Embassy to Jerusalem was actually cosmetic. Most of the embassy workers and work are still in Tel Aviv.
- Staunch allies of Israel in the US House of Representatives turned out unable to univocally and clearly condemn an anti-Semite in her midst.
- There are two anti-Israel legally binding documents in the State Department that are anti-Israel, one public and one secret.
- The most powerful Democratic candidate running for 2020 would be the most anti-Israel president that we’ve had since Carter. Mind you.
- After not being concerned about anti-Semitism on the Internet and at universities, it is more alive than at any time in the last 20 years.
- Major chic US national newspaper keeps issuing anti-Jewish editorials.
I don’t doubt what’s in the hearts of President Trump and the American People regarding Jews and Israel but somehow deeds speak louder than words and these deeds don’t sound good at all lately.
It’s bad to have many enemies. It’s worse to be shot in the back by friends. Israelis (and Americans) must stop being naive about the forces of anti-Semitism. And Israelis should vote for safety which means voting for the right (as I recently blogged). Paranoids have enemies too.