So many loose “details” were leaked before and fought about US President Donald Trump’s secret plan that did not sound truthful. But the new comprehensive plan now revealed sounds totally real to me. And dangerously flawed. The US has denied that this is the real plan, but it is so different from everything that was leaked before, and as similar to every idiocy by Kushner (“With a little reasonableness from both sides much can be achieved.”), that I believe this to be “it.”
And this is why it will fail:
- It is built on the faulty assumption that Palestinians will settle for a small state instead of everything. They have been saying for 120 years All or Nothing. There is no indication or reason that they will depart from that.
- It is built on the faulty assumption that Arab Palestinian leaders are interested in money for their People. They have only been interested in money for their people. Popular prosperity was never important to them. Their rule is based on hatred for Jews, not on profit for their People.
- It is built on the faulty assumption that Israel needs to compromise again, as if we are so senile that we do not remember that we have compromised for decades and received nothing in return. Land for Peace has always turned out merely Land for Pleas.
- It is built on the faulty assumption that the core conflict is between local Muslims and Jews. Not true. There is only hatred of Muslims against Jews and mistreatment of Arab States against Arab Palestinians. As long a Palestinians do not get civil rights in Jordan and Lebanon, nothing is solved. Hamas has nothing to win by signing this, so it won’t.
- It is built on the faulty assumption that the PA and Hamas would ever cooperate. Like all violent groups, Hamas dreams of overthrowing the PA in the West Bank, and how would they be able to give up on that pipedream?
- The obligation on the terrorists to disarm is laughable. And the whole idea of a “demilitarized” Arab Palestinian State without it is totally fake. And why in the world would the Junta in Gaza and its ilk disarm?! And the border crossings with the outside world will be under Arab Palestinian control. That in itself is so dangerous that you cannot understand how anyone can be so stupid to put that in. The PA and Hamas must sign to agree to a demilitarized country, but they are free to import all the weapons in the world?! The idea that the new state would not be run by self-serving ruthless terrorists is also ridiculous.
- There is no obligation in the new state for education against centuries-old anti-Semitism, though this is the basic problem. This makes the whole plan symptomatic — without treating the underlying disease.
- There are no provisions for if a party would sign but not abide by the agreement — and of course the PA and Hamas would not. They never did.
- The idea that Israel would uproot 110 settlement (10x Gush Katif) to make space for a violent Arab Palestinian state is so laughable if it weren’t so sad that anyone could think that Israel would ever agree to that. We don’t have the will, money, or space to re-house them.
- Netanyahu will enthusiastically embrace the plan, just as he happily embraced the Two-State Solution, knowing that it would never be implemented and why fight against something evil, bad, dangerous and stupid that never is going to happen?
- The agreement should say but doesn’t: all the deal or no deal, so that Israel is not forced to compromise and compromise its security again, while the other side again doesn’t deliver.
- A 30-meter high highway will connect the two geographic parts of the new state and underground, Gaza will provide the West Bank with desalinated water. Never mind that the PA doesn’t even want to provide Hamas with electricity.
- The new state should pay Israel for the protection by the IDF and pay Jerusalem its municipality tax and electricity use for East Jerusalem. And if it won’t, it don’t. Already now, forced by Israel, but secretly, the PA helps Israel — or else. But the new state will pay voluntarily? LOL.
- The idea that the international community would shut the financial tabs if the parties don’t sign shows two things:
- The whole talk of Trump supporting and respecting Israel’s democracy is fake. As so many have warned, as I did, and here too. They will not allow us to veto it for it being dangerous and unacceptable.
- This is made by naive Westerners who do not know the Middle East. As soon as the Arab states threaten to close the money flow to the PA, it will shout that they endanger the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Arab rulers will have to pay if they don’t want to be overrun by their populations. Besides, Iran and Kuwait will pay anyway.
I do not understand at all why Netanyahu wanted this to be published after the elections only. It would have sky-rocketed the votes for him.
This is my plan:
- Chase away the “King” of Jordan and give that state to the Arab Palestinian People. Its name, of course: Transjordan.
- Give Gaza to Egypt.
- Return the whole West Bank to Israel.
- Chase away Hezbollah and return the whole of the Lebanon to the Lebanese People.
- Have the whole region learn what are Jews and why they must be respected and protected.
All problems solved. Cheaper, easier, quicker, sounder.